Thursday, April 7, 2011

About My Term Research Paper

It such a relief to say that I am finally finished writing my research paper. The topic of my research paper was social networking sites and its effect on children. The best part about researching for my paper was that I did not have to close my Facebook page. I read Facebook the terms and agreement page for the first ever as I was writing this paper and it really surprised me. There are so many specific rules Facebook has in order to protect the user’s safety.  I chose this topic because I have a very strong opinion about children below the age of thirteen having a Facebook account. I wanted to do more research on how many children actually use the social networking sites. When I was researching I found that there is no specific number because it is very hard to verify the ages of every social networking account user. I think my paper contributes to the field of “new media” exploring the negative effects it has on children. After writing this paper, I have one thing to say: PROTECT your children from these addicting sites! Save the innocence of young children please.

4 comments:

  1. thats interesting. but im not gonna lie, i have "lied" many times about my birthday either to protect ourselves or to register for something where you have to be over 18, like many online forums out there. (when i was under 18) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true that more and more young teenagers and children are exposed to the internet and stay on it more than they should. I believe that it is fine that children play for it for a while, but many are getting additive to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also strongly believe children shouldn’t use social networking sites for any reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iPads-take-a-place-next-to-apf-2703104558.html?x=0

    Just when you think it couldnt get worse, "iPads take a place next to crayons in kindergarten!!!!"

    ReplyDelete