Thursday, March 17, 2011

Social Networking Sites

FACEBOOK:
I have been using Facebook since senior year of high school. I love Facebook because it is the fastest way to stay in contact with my friends and family. Not only can I load photo albums and comment on my friends walls. Facebook has so many applications that you can take advantage of if you’re bored. I am addicted to the Tower block game on Facebook. I love it! The newsfeed keeps me updated on what my friends are thinking and usually what they are up to. Most college students have Facebook, but now even younger kids have an account.
MYSPACE:
I used to have MySpace back in junior high school. It was my addiction before Facebook. On my MySpace you can personalize your background and adjust the color of the font, etc... It is very different from Facebook because you have to add special codes to customize your page. MySpace is very slow compared to Facebook, and you cannot comment on other peoples comments like we can on Facebook.
LINKEDIN:
Although I have LinkedIn, I am not so active on it. This social networking site is more for professional networking. You can search for jobs, recruiters, and other contacts. My employer added me on LinkedIn and suggested that I should be more active on it to “network.” I have not become accustomed to this site because it still is too complicated for me.
TWITTER:
I created a twitter account when it started to get popular. I was not too fond of it because all you do on twitter is update your status every second of the day. There are other fancy tricks you can do on twitter, like adding tags, but I find twitter a waste of time. You can also customize your profile, add a picture, and follow people.

No comments:

Post a Comment